Sunday, July 27, 2008

One more day in the thought process

I have had lots of time to think about running for school board. There are many pluses and minuses to running. I actually broke down by hour my week and if I can keep the board time down to 4 hours per week, then this is a manageable commitment. Of course, this is based on winning.

Here are some of the key issues I think would need to be addressed within the new board agenda: Bullying/ school violence, RESPECT for kids and teachers, diversity, greening of the economy, empowering family and teachers, technology, generational changes in learning and personality (attitudes), ways of learning and how students get ready for the job market and careers.

The biggest issue arises around time. If there is a commitment to educate people as to the what the school board's mandate is, then this is very manageable. I know I can make a big difference in the city and this seems like a great position to help influence the city and its' direction. I will make a decision today.

No comments: