Friday, July 11, 2008

Halifax School Board- running?

It has been a few weeks since I have been on. Since I have been on, I have almost finalized my decision to run for the HRM School Board. I have been very impressed with staff at the Board and the current Board- Howard Windsor- seems to be an amazing leader. There are some key traits that he brings to his role that I see could translate into a new board. Decisive, broad thinking, energetic, intelligent and forthright will be key elements in the new board.

Halifax is screaming for new leaders and I feel that I can bring a lot to the table to help the School board grow. Some of my key elements I bring to this role will be strength, strategy background, negotiation, marketing and relationship development. The board needs leaders and there are reasons pro and con for running. If I make a final decision soon, it is going to be a fun ride.

No comments: