Sunday, February 8, 2009

Rainmen's new coach rings the changes


What a game again! The difference between a nice guy and a bball coach is obvious. I am trying to get my fingers going here. Had a couple few and it was a good time. Section 22-24 were representing all night. Les Berry = More wins is a common chant. Les went with the players who we thought would be contributors in his system. Bailey, Jimmy, Bennett, Cordell, Silverhorn, Zach and EC performed at the expected levels. I have some issues with the scoring and not just for the Bailey bias. I know he had a couple blocks during that game and even though they went to other teams, they should be his. I remember at least 2.
We all have a feeling that it will take a couple weeks. I thought that Hammack and EC looked lost but that after a few practises they will be up to speed as the rest of the team will. Overall the defensive intensity was amazing even though we got outrebounded. The ability of all our players to get loose in the paint led to free points for all players. I am sure that EC had more than 2 points as I remember a dunk and a three point play, can't wait to see the boxscore tomorrow.
Big losers in the new system seem to be Dandridge and Strick. I think that both players will get more minutes overall but are being encouraged with defensive intensity and playing smart. I think they have the capability and need to show it. I did miss Ec's crazy dunks, but that will start to come along with the free baskets that this offense will bring.
Great work les and team, we look forward to an even better game next week.

No comments: